What do you suppose a heretic like Luther would have been treated like TODAY? I was sitting here getting annoyed with Google because I was looking for our Luther, not MLK Jr., and this question popped into my head. Would someone be able to create their own religion like that today? Would it be taken very seriously as a real threat to the Roman Catholic Church and the center of it all at the Vatican in Rome? Curious. I wonder.
Incidentally, in case we all wanted to condense Lutero's 95 Theses into one convenient little bundle, here is a "word cloud," as it is called, which I created about the Theses [Brigette is right: it's also called a wordle]. What happens in a word cloud is that you provide a text and from that is generated the following neat little image that gives greater prominence to words that appear the most frequently in your text.

I just thought this was rather droll so I supposed my fellow Husties might get a kick out of it. "Pardons..." "Pope..." "Indulgences..."
Go here to make your own wordle!
H i l a r i o u s !

Indulgences are apparently back with a vengance. The South Bend Tribune should run an article on it on Thursday and The Observer ran one a couple of months ago.
ReplyDeleteI think wordles (word clouds)are SO cool!
ReplyDeleteThat is so neat! It is both very informative (cool to see which words appear most often) and it is also fun! Coincidentally, I went to a presentation tonight that dealt with memory improvement methods, and one thing the presenter stressed was the way our mind processes and stores images easier and better than written text. This idea is a great way of visually remembering what we read! This is not only good old fashion fun, it is also a very helpful study/memory device! Bravo, Meghan, bravo!
ReplyDeleteI think people can get away with anything today. I doubt Luther would be such a scandal as he was hundreds of years ago.
ReplyDelete